Disclosure: Today’s post is sponsored by San Diego Tourism Authority, but my love for Kids Free San Diego is all my own! #KidsFreeSD
I was 18 years old when I first stepped foot in San Diego. It was January and the weather was absolutely beautiful. I was wearing shorts and a tank top *gasp*! Now, that may not seem like a big deal to you, but I lived in Michigan all of my life where it’s miserably cold and we have snow. Lots and lots of snow.
Needless to say, I fell in love. San Diego is one of my favorite cities. The one thing I love about San Diego is the endless things to-do.
If you are looking for a great place to take your family vacation, I highly recommend San Diego! And during the entire month of October, there are over 100+ activities FREE for kids!
San Diego Bucket List
- No trip to San Diego would be complete without going to one of the many San Diego beaches. All are free to the public, to swim, play in the sand, collect seashells or bask in the sun.
- Visit the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. The San Diego Zoo houses over 3,700 animals.
- Speaking of animals, head on over to the Sea World San Diego to see marine mammals, interact with the dolphins, take a Journey to Atlantis and watch a fireworks display. Kids go, eat and play FREE at SeaWorld San Diego the entire month of October!
- Take a stroll through Balboa Park to see its beautiful Spanish Colonial architecture. While there, take advantage of the park’s variety of offerings, including 15 museums, free daily park tours, public concerts, and all the beautiful gardens. Here are more photos from my trip to Balboa Park a few years ago.
- Visit La Jolla for a day of snorkeling, bike riding or kayaking. Many places are offering kids eat FREE with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Honor the men and women who have served in our Armed Forces and spend the day at the Veterans Museum & Memorial Center. Or experience life at sea aboard one of America’s longest-serving aircraft carriers and visit the USS Midway Museum.
- Visit Sunset Cliffs and see the magnificent sunset on the ocean. I cannot even begin to tell you how beautiful Sunset Cliffs is. It is so serene and a great escape from the city.
- Visit Old Town and learn a little about San Diego history. You are FREE to wander through many of Old Town’s historic buildings, such as a blacksmith shop, the Whaley House, Estudillo House and the oldest schoolhouse in San Diego.
- Hop on the trolley and take various tours through San Diego. Perfect for tired kids or anyone who wants to take a load off their feet and enjoy the sites of San Diego.
- Stroll through the historic Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego and view Victorian architecture, many boutiques, art galleries, specialty shops and more. Or make it a day of fun by stopping by Murder and Mayhem and go on a Murder Mystery Tour through San Diego!
Having fun in San Diego doesn’t require a lot of money; there are many things to see and do that are absolutely free. San Diego offers a fun and inexpensive getaway during all seasons of the year. October is the ideal time to come to San Diego because of it’s near perfect weather and the crowds are usually a lot smaller.