I have a secret. As organized as I am, I struggle with clutter. Paper clutter, clothes clutter, toy clutter, you name it. I know I’m not alone here, so I want to share with you 5 simple ways you can reduce clutter in your home.
What’s the problem with clutter? Clutter creates stress in your life.
- When you reduce clutter you become more efficient because you do not have as many distractions.
- Reducing clutter will save you time. Good news, the thing you were looking for is NOT buried in clutter! It has a place, it has a home!
- Reducing clutter will save you money! Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Oh let’s just buy another one you say. Wrong.
5 Simple Ways to Reduce Clutter
1. Get rid of dust collectors – We all like to collect things. However, things create visual clutter and make a room look busy. The less things you have, the easier it is to clean and the less dust that will be collected. Try and part with your collection; if you can’t, only keep the items you REALLY love and get rid of the rest.
2. Purge items – Apply the one in, one out rule. For every one new item you buy, get rid of at least one old item. Honestly, you do not need 50 purses in your life? Let’s face it, we use one or two and the rest sit buried in the bottom of your closet to be forever forgotten about.
3. Get rid of paper – Paper clutter is the worst in my household. There is paper on the desk, table, counter, etc. Do NOT let paper stack up. Immediately open mail. Toss the junk and create one location to keep all your paper.
4. Just say no – I know, it’s hard. The Semi-Annual bra and underwear sale is hard to pass up. The struggle is real. I get it. But sometimes, you just have to say no. I mean, do we really need 20 new pair of underwear that we bought just because they were on sale? The correct answer is yes. But let’s pretend I didn’t say that and just say NO!
Photo credit: Kaboompics.com
5. Use what you have – Get creative. Use the food that you have in your fridge and pantry before you go out and buy more. This will not only help reduce clutter, but will save you money. Your kids want a snack? Give them Dairy Pure milk to go along with their snack. This will eliminate having a fridge full of different beverages that take up entirely way too much space. You can buy DairyPure milk from your local dairy. Moms and dads, it’s that simple.
Thank you to DairyPure for inspiring today’s post. DairyPure milk is the only milk backed by an exclusive 5 Point Purity Promise:
- No artificial growth hormones – “No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.”
- All milk is tested for antibiotics
- Continuously quality tested to ensure purity
- Only from cows fed a healthy diet
- Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy