Friends come and go into your life, but there is nothing like best friends. Best friends just get you. It doesn’t matter if you’ve only been friends for a short while or someone you have known since Kindergarten. A best friend is someone that knows the ins and outs of you. In celebration of Best Friends Day, here are seven reasons why I love my best friends.
Seven Reasons to Love your Best Friend:
- Best friends know EVERYTHING about you. I mean EVERYTHING. They got more dirt on you than the tabloids have on celebrities. Even your menstrual cycles are in sync.
- A best friend knows she can show up at your house, any time, in sweat pants, no bra and hair in a messy bun. You won’t judge because you are wearing the same thing.
- Best friends will text you the latest cover of Vanity Fair because Caitlyn aka Bruce Jenner is on the cover of it. Your best friend knows you haven’t looked at anything but children’s books in the last three years. (I know I’m not the only one with a pile of magazines, never looked at, some still wrapped in plastic).
- You can go two years or more without seeing your best friend and not miss a beat. You carry on a conversation like you just spoke to each other yesterday.
- A best friend will send you the latest BuzzFeed videos because she knows that you have not watched anything but Doc McStuffins and the Bubble Guppies since birthing a child. Did I really just sit here and watch an hour of Mickey Mouse while my child is playing in the other room? Plus, you can both reminisce about how much you hate(d) your job, this video reminds you of a former coworker, etc., etc.
- It doesn’t matter if you live 5 minutes or over 1,000 miles away. A best friend knows she can call and ugly cry to you no matter the time or day.
- You can talk to each other in nothing but Facebook stickers and #stupidhashtags and totally get what each other is saying.
- I could go on and on, but I will leave you with this!
What do you love about your BFF? Share a favorite memory of your best friend!