Do you have a difficult time trying to keep your child’s room clean? I know I do. Sophie is two years old and I can have the house completely clean, turn around two seconds later and it looks like a tornado has gone through the entire house. Kate is here today to give you some tips on how to keep your child’s room a little tidier.
Design Inspirations for an Easy to Clean Kid’s Room
Every housewife knows how tiring the cleaning activities around the property can be and the things get even more complicated when all the other family members are creating a mess without picking up after themselves. In addition, the dog is leaving hairs everywhere and the kids spill juice over the carpets and the upholstery. Is there a solution for reducing the clutter and making the house decent – looking? Of course there is. When picking up the furniture and the appliances for your house try to keep it simple. All the ornaments and decorations may look beautiful but if they are difficult to clean, the chances to neglect them when you are short of time are pretty high.
Let’s discuss one of the most problematic rooms in every house – namely the kids room. Although you can teach your kids to be well – organised, don’t expect them to maintain their room sparkling clean and tidy. Before furnishing their room, do some research and choose modern and at the same time easy to clean items. You can ask for an advice from a cleaning company like Prompt Cleaners.
- Opt for beds that have drawers spacious enough so your kids can put their clothes in there. It saves space and money as you can buy a wardrobe at a later stage. As far as the cleaning is concerned – it shouldn’t be a bother. Wiping the drawers down with an appropriate detergent is all you have to do.
- The toys are the main reason for the clutter. Buy one or two baskets that match the kid’s room decoration and make them put all their toys in there. Depending on the age of your kids you can put a sticker or a label that says “Plastic Toys” , “Teddy Bears” etc. It saves space and keeps the floor clean.
- The carpet in their room should be dark – colored so the stains and dirt is not that “visible”. However, carpets gather so much dirt, which is difficult to clean, especially the areas under the beds. Buying a small – sized carpet, which is light enough to you can carry it outside and give it a good shake is recommended. It is a way easier to mop the floor instead of vacuuming the carpet and treating the stains.
- Consider painting the walls with latex. If they decide that the wall is a canvas they can do their drawings on, you can easily clean it while the wallpapers will cause you much more inconveniences. In case you want to have wallpapers, buy washable ones but bear in mind that they can be expensive.
- Avoid putting a glass table in their room. Apart from posing a risk to them, the fingerprints on the table will not be something out of the ordinary. We bet that you don’t really want to bring a bottle of glass cleaner with you every time you enter their room, do you? Choose a table that is spacious enough and matches the design of the room.
- Cleaning the chandeliers is not included in your checklist too often, right. Having said that, some people insist on having chandeliers that have so many ornaments that it takes at least an hour to be cleaned. You’d better choose a chandelier or any other lamp that doesn’t have plenty of ornaments, which gather great quantities of dust.
- Choose stools / chairs that are durable and resistant to stains. The best option you have is to buy leather once since they don’t need professional cleaning. Wipe them down with a damp cloth and you have nothing to worry about.
I recently bought Sophie a bed that has three drawers underneath and I can honestly say I love it. It saves so much room and I was able to get rid of her dresser. I also love the storage cubes. They are great for hiding toys, but still gives a sense of decor to the room. Do you have any tips or tricks for keeping your child’s room/house clean? If so, comment below. I would love to here what works for you!