Today, I want to introduce you to Kate from Kilburn DeluxeCleaners who is going to talk to you about a subject that I am pretty passionate about. Kate is here to talk about how you can detoxify your home and it starts with your cleaning products. I am trying to incorporate green living into our family lifestyle more every day. One of the first changes I made to our home was changing our cleaning products. I realized, one of the biggest reasons I was afraid to clean when my daughter was home was because I didn’t want her near the chemicals. Using green cleaning chemicals made that worry go away. You can read more about my story of why I switched to green products here.
Detoxify Your Home Starting From The Cleaning Detergents
You can find tons of information about cleansing your body and maintaining its vitality but when it comes to cleaning detergents, things get a little bit different and even more complicated. As a matter of fact, using actually “clean” cleaning detergents is as important as eating clean, organic food. It is a well – known fact that a great part of the cleaning supplies contain some really harmful substances which can cause the outburst of diseases and allergies. Despite not being visible with a naked eye, thousands of particles are spreading in the air in just one – time spraying and they are potentially harmful to you and the environment. You might consider your home to be clean but the truth is that you make yourself and the members of your family inhale the toxic ingredients that cause severe rashes and respiratory diseases, which is even worse than having your furniture covered with dust.
Of course the alternative of the dangerous cleaning detergents has been found; they can be substituted with eco–friendly ones that are as effective and powerful as the regular ones. Depending on the brand and the efficiency, they can be more expensive but that’s in case you decide to buy a ready– to– use detergent. Making it on your own can cave you both – money and health issues in the future. After all, the vinegar, the lemon, the baking soda or the ammonia are relatively cheap and can do an excellent job as a multi–purpose cleaning detergent and is absolutely harmless. Most of them are used by Kilburn DeluxeCleaners for regular cleaning.
Cleanup and throw away all the regular cleaning detergents you currently have. Remember that they must not be poured directly in the sink because their poisonous features will come back to you in the form of a seemingly clean drinking water. If you, for one reason or another, have decided not to put time and efforts in preparing the cleaning detergent but to go to the supermarket and just grab the one you need, you have to be mindful about some of the features the eco–friendly products are believed to have:
- First of all – read the label carefully and check out if it says something like “Biodegradable in 1, 2, 5 etc. days”.
- A real eco-friendly cleaning detergent shouldn’t contain phosphates and chlorine. The bottle they are sold in, have to be made of easily recycled material.
- The green detergents save you energy since most of them are easily dissolved in cold water. Moreover, they are concentrated enough to deal with any kind of dirt, oil or grime. And the best of all is that they can hardly damage your furniture or valuable possessions during the cleaning process.
- As soon as you give up on regular cleaning detergents you will feel the difference. The indoor air will be cleaner and fresher. While the commercial deodorizers “hide” the bad scent, the natural means such as lemon, orange or lavender eliminate it and make your house subtly scented.
- While the toxic cleaning supplies contain a flammable element such as an alcohol that can be dangerous especially if you have little kids or want to clean your cooker, the eco-friendly ones are made water and some other harmless ingredients.
Don’t forget that every one is responsible for saving the earth and leading a happier and healthier way of life. Nobody would reduce the water and river pollution on our behalf so we should take proper care of these environmental issues. Reducing the number of harmful substances we use in our daily routine, would make a significant difference. Moreover, you don’t have to compromise with the quality; the eco-friendly detergents are powerful and bring you many more benefits than the regular ones. And what is most important they help you preserve your health and raise your kids in a clean and neat environment.
If you do decide to switch to green cleaning products, which I highly recommend doing especially if you have little ones in your home, here is a list of green cleaning products & brands I recommend and personally use in my home: